- Supplied in different shapes and forms for multiple application areas.
- CE marked certified for UK and European markets.
- Installation is very simple and quick.
- Stops penetration of both cold and hot smoke.
- Self-adhesive and very easy to apply without tools.
- Unaffected by moisture; can be used in wet rooms.
- Never hardens and ensures a tight fit.
- Can be reshaped to other sizes if necessary.
- Provides excellent sound insulation.
- Environmentally and user friendly; contains no solvents.
- Contains a low pressure intumescent for optimal fire protection.
- Patented solution (Putty Cord).
- 90 minutes fire resistance in 100mm & 130mm dry wall construction. Tested to EN 1366-3:2004 in conjunction with additional guidelines from BS:EN 1364-1.
- Air pressure test up to 1000Pa (pass).
Astro PFP FR Putty seal is an easy to apply fire and sound rated sealant supplied as a non-setting putty. The putty is hand workable, reusable and re-serviceable due to its non-setting properties. The putty is manufactured and supplied in different shapes and forms for different applications.
Putty Cords for fire sealing services: The putty chord is designed to seal small gaps (0-10mm wide) around service penetrations where it is difficult to use traditional intumescent sealant and backers in terms of access and maintaining correct depths of seal.
- Size: 200xØ15mm
- Colour Red
- 5 x Cords per pack
We have technical representatives who provide assistance in the selection and specification of the products on this site and should be consulted for exact installation and product suitability. Ensure an early engagement with ourselves, designers, main contractor and specialist installers before any installation. Other trades and/or manufacturers may need to be consulted. For in-depth information, specification and technical advice please call our Head Office on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email email@example.com
All interested parties, designer, specifier, main contractor and specialist installers should provide access to allow the fire stopping seals to be regularly inspected and maintained, as well as records kept of such maintenance at minimum periods of 12 months, as required by the Regulatory Reform Order, and repaired if necessary. Reference should be made to ASFP TGD 17 Code of Practice for the Installation and Inspection of Fire Stopping.
It is vital that those entrusted to design or install a fire stopping product have the necessary levels of competence to undertake the task professionally and thoroughly. The level of competency required will be commensurate with the expected complexity of the building. All designers must eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during installation, construction or maintenance when preparing or modifying designs. Clients should ensure that the principal designer and principal contractor carry out their duties under CDM regulations. The ASFP foundation course in passive fire protection provides essential knowledge as part of demonstrating competency and understanding in this key fire protection specialism.
Please refer to the ETA sheet for fields of application for this product. For further information on installation requirements please refer to the socket box manufacturer data and wall specification to ensure the compatibility of this product, if in doubt please contact the technical team with services and wall specification on Tel: +(0)1329 841416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download and review any of the following information:
Certification/Fire Test Reports:
CE Marked Documents
'DoP's are 'Declaration of Performance'
'CoC's are 'Certificate of Constancy of Performance'
'ETA' 'European Technical Assessment Sheet'
'TDS' are 'Technical Data Sheet'